sábado, 2 de agosto de 2014

Almost a year ago

Over a year ago I found out that I had been selected to be part of Darmasiswa Program, an initiative of the Indonesian government in order to foster culture and the existence of Indonesia among countries which they have diplomatic bounds with. Having said this, as part of the etiquete protocol of having an opening for this post, it's also a reminder of how long and how fast time has passed by since I actually arrived to Indonesia, almost a year ago. The reason why I'm taking some thoughts in to this format is because a good friend of mine told me, "why don't you start a blog" (before coming here) and just today another good friend told me "you're keeping a journal, right?" well, no... I've been having doubts about my own capacities, abilities and skill to make it interesting, but in the end, who cares... It's my memories and for those who wish to see through them, be my guest.

In the past eleven months I've the opportunity of living in some sort of parallelism, since coming from Venezuela -which is also a tropical land-  lots of sunshine and lots of rain... crowded but not so crowded, loud, colorful, disorganized, chaotic and more, it feels like the same sometimes, but it's not. Mostly because different conceptions about life, social interactions, the fact of being a foreigner and how Indonesians interact with you or not. It's been interesting I'm not going to deny it. But also it's been hard, because you see all this characteristics that kind of bring you close to home, but they are bizarrely different and it's frustrating sometimes thinking how a place that looks so much like my homeland can feel so out of place, I guess it's the way the world comes and goes, "you can't always get what you want, but  if you try sometimes well you might find you get what you need" and that can be comforting.

Behind this small intro, there are tons of experiences, adventures and misadventures, gorgeous memories and splendid scenarios, lots of nice people, strange people all the people, heaven knows that here there is a LOT of people. So for the moment welcome and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario